Jewelry Care Instructions
We know you know how to wear jewelry but here are a few bits of advice to help reduce normal wear and tear, and allow you to get the best out of your jewelry pieces.
- Put jewelry on after applying makeup, perfume, and hair products.
- Keep out of contact with bleaches and detergents wherever possible and please, keep your jewelry safely out of reach of children and animals.
- Always remove jewelry when engaging in activities that risk impact or exposure to chemicals or heat such as sports or housework.
- Store your jewelry in the original packaging or a soft pouch to avoid scratches.
- Avoid swimming or bathing while wearing gold or silver plated costume jewelry, and remove rings when washing your hands.
- We recommend the use of a soft cloth with gentle rubbing. But please be aware that any vigorous scrubbing will take off the layer of gold plating.
- Over time the layer of gold plating will wear off and we recommend you then have your jewelry re-plated.
- We do not recommend the use of silver dips or chemical cleaners on plated items.