Resin Artwork Care Instructions
We know you know how to wear jewelry but here are a few bits of advice to help reduce normal wear and tear, and allow you to get the best out of your jewelry pieces.
To look after your resin homwares a few things need to be done, so that it stays looking new for longer and does not fade, loose its shine or change colour.
- Wash with Warm soapy water by hand only
- Please do not use abrasive scourers.
- Not suitable for the dishwasher or oven
- Resin is not suitable for hot food, use cold food only.
- Do not submerge wooden homewares in water and always allow to dry vertically
- Wooden items will need an oil from time to time to ensure its longevity. You can use an oil suitable for food and hygiene, any cooking oil will work too!
- Keep your resin products out of direct long exposure to sunlight. Even though the resin is UV stable and resistant it's not proof, yellowing and colour change can still occur if left in the sun for long periods of time.
- If the resin finish has lost it's lustre over time rub oil on the resin to bring back its brilliant shine.
- If you find the resin has softened due to heat place in a cool spot and it will harden again.
- If your resin product has changed shape while it was soft, due to heat, you can place in hot water and reshape as it softens again. Then leave in cool spot to harden
- Resin is very durable – it is scratch resistant NOT scratch proof. Do not cut into it. Hand wash with a wet cloth. Do not soak in water or put in dishwasher. Apply mineral oil to the wood occasionally to avoid drying out and to keep it looking beautiful. Keep out of direct sunlight. Enjoy!
- We recommend the use of a soft cloth with gentle rubbing. But please be aware that any vigorous scrubbing will take off the layer of gold plating.
- Over time the layer of gold plating will wear off and we recommend you then have your jewelry re-plated.
- We do not recommend the use of silver dips or chemical cleaners on plated items.